Oct 30, 2019
- Make sure no other VPN settings are enabled... includes getting rid of the startup script and disabling the OpenVPN Client.
- Go to Setup > Basic Setup
- Change the Connection Type to PPTP
- The screen will refresh and you'll have a few other fields to enter.
* Use DHCP = Yes
* WAN IP Address = Greyed Out
* Subnet Mask = Greyed Out
* Gateway = Greyed Out
* Gateway (PPTP Server) = This is the server you want to connect to(sel-a01.wlvpn.com is Seoul, lax-a01.wlvpn.com is Los Angeles, and nyc-a01.wlvpn is New York City)
* Username = your username with @usenetserver attached to the end
* Password = your password
* Connection Strategy = choose whatever you want... I prefer Keep Alive Redial Period 10sec
* PPTP encryption = Enable
* Disable Packet Reordering = Enable
(this can be toggled if you have connection issues)
* Additional PPTP Options = none
* STP = Disable
- Scroll to the bottom and select 'Save'
- Go to Administration > Management
- Scroll to bottom and click 'Reboot Router'
- After the router is rebooted, give it a minute and then co to whatismyip.com to make sure you don't have an IP from your ISP.