Jun 02, 2023
What are the benefits of Global Search 2.0?
The benefits of Global Search 2.0 include:
- A subject search based on keywords can be performed for all article sets in the binary newsgroups spanning UsenetServer's full retention, and results can be filtered by specific poster names and/or newsgroups.
- Individual posts are collapsed into one single result for each article set that makes up the entirety of a post by a poster(s).
- Global Search 2.0 allows us to service many more queries faster. This results in a lesser strain on the hardware and much faster search results.
Are there any additional notes I should be aware of while using Global Search 2.0?
Additional usage notes include:
- All form fields except for 'groups' are case-insensitive.
- Sort options are limited to: Size, Subject, Age, & Poster.
- Sets of articles are already collapsed into a single search result for a post.